When you live in a hot state like Texas or Florida, the heat can certainly become more than uncomfortable. More than this, it will certainly ruin your day when the air conditioner suddenly dies. Therefore, it is extremely important to take care of your A/C unit before something major happens, resulting in an unusable system.
A/C stands for air conditioning, and it works in congruence with your HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning) unit. Properly handling the unit will make sure that it lasts a lifetime. The term A/C is generally used to cover any type of cooling system. Your system is composed of many different parts that all play a big part in keeping it working how it should. If you are a homeowner, then you’ll want to be sure that you keep up with maintenance.
With proper maintenance, you can keep your system working for years on end. Additionally, making your system more reliable happens when you perform routine maintenance, either through the help of our technicians or your very own DIY project. If you find that your A/C isn’t as cool as it used to be, or if it suddenly stops working, then it’s time to enlist our services.
You can do a few things on your own to make sure that your system stays running all year long. Some tasks can be performed on your own, but for others, it is always best to leave it up to the professional team at Go Admiral.
Here are some tips to use when you want to keep your A/C unit running optimally:
- Remove any brushes and debris from around your unit that could get in the way of your system.
- Clean your unit’s condenser coils when spring rolls around. The condenser coils capture released heat from the refrigerant and release heat. These coils also help to increase the amount of time that your refrigerant is in the path of direct air, which allows adequate time to release heat from the inside of your home. The process seems complicated, but all you need to know is that the coils are imperative to keeping the AC working and your home cool.
- Replace your HVAC filters when it’s time. Over time they can build up dirt and debris that will be spread throughout your home without changing the filter. As a general recommendation, you should be changing out your air filter every 30 days to 6 months. But this depends entirely on the type of filter you buy; if you opt for a cheaper filter, you will have to change it out sooner. Whereas with a higher-end filter, you can wait a bit longer to change it out.
- Check your unit for loose ends and connections. These could lead to your system being faulty due to loose wires or unconnected points.
- Properly lubricate all of your motors and bearings to make sure that no grinding or rubbing together of parts occurs while in use.
- Make sure your refrigerant is full and recharged. This is essential to making sure that the air in your home stays cool.
While all of these tips can’t fully prevent any accidents or breaks from occurring with your system, they can make sure that nothing super serious occurs. As long as you are regularly checking the unit, you’ll be able to catch any serious errors or mishaps before they occur or become any worse.
Trust the Professionals
More important than inspecting the system on your own is making sure you schedule regular service appointments with GoAdmiral. Ideally, service will be performed before anything serious occurs. But, we know that you can’t always prevent this.
We can make sure that your system is always up to date and working as optimally as possible. Moreover, with our services at your disposal, we can address minor problems before they become major.
Knowingly, it will cost you much more money by waiting until the last possible minute rather than getting the services you need right away. Save yourself time and money by utilizing our help ASAP!
About your Unit
There are so many different types of A/C units out there, so knowing what type you have will ensure that you perform the proper regularly scheduled maintenance.
The most common types of A/C units are:
- Split Unit: These are for both indoor and outdoor units
- Ductless Systems: These also are for indoor and outdoor systems, but they do not have a duct in use.
- Packaged A/C Systems: These units are stand-alone outside units
You may have a completely different unit than any of the ones listed. As a result, you’ll need to know how to properly fix this exact type of unit. In the event you run into trouble, give GoAdmiral a call today for help.
Your A/C unit is expensive. Consequently, you will not want to have to purchase another one in the event that something goes wrong with yours. More than this, repairing your A/C unit is not always the best possible course of action when it comes to repairs. If you have had to perform multiple repairs to your unit, then the best possible option is to look at replacing it altogether.
If this is the case for you, GoAdmiral is your best option for replacement. When you call us today, you can get a free consultation that also includes a repair. If you don’t want to spend your days sweating on your couch, hot and uncomfortable, then get in touch today because we can offer a quick fix.
Houston Area HVAC Services & Air Conditioning Repair
GoAdmiral is ready and available to help you 24/7, even for emergency services! We wouldn’t want to leave you sitting uncomfortably in your home, and you don’t have to! We have employed dozens of certified technicians with years of experience. As a result, we can provide better services than anyone else.
Moreover, we readily utilize brands like RUDD, Lennox, Goodman, and Trane; this is just a small selection of the full list we have to offer. More than this, we offer lifetime warranties on many other brands besides these.
The services we perform include but are not limited to installation, maintenance, repair, and replacement for A/C systems, central air systems, and even furnaces. We are a competitively priced service center that makes sure you can always afford our services. You’ll always be able to remain in tip-top shape with our services at your disposal.
As a family-owned and operated company, we have only made sure to employ only the best. Even better, we will not charge you for services done after regular hours or on the weekend.
We want to be your premier service provider in the Houston area, and with over 50 years of experience in this industry, we know exactly what it takes to keep you comfortable while in your home. Our solutions are plenty, and you’ll find that our slogan, “I’ll spoil you with service,” truly lives up to its name. We are a Houston family operated AC repair company, so our goal is always to keep our neighbors comfortable!
Give Go Admiral a call today at (281) 876-9400. From there we can help answer your questions about your services, and lead you in the right direction. No matter the time of we can help!