If you’ve been tirelessly looking for a Houston TX central air conditioning repair company, give Go Admiral a call now! Go Admiral is a family-owned central AC repair company that has been servicing the Houston area since 1990. Our technicians are the most certified in the field and have a wide variety of expert knowledge in many AC-related topics.
If you need AC repairs immediately, you might be happy to know that we offer 24/7 emergency repair services. Our technicians are skilled in many services and are ready to help you at any time. We also provide plenty of other HVAC-related services. Go ahead and continue reading to see how we can be of use to you.
Repairing your unit
Go Admiral can repair your unit in almost no time and at a fraction of the cost of what our competitors will offer. We offer 24/7 emergency services that are available to you whenever you might be needing a repair. We don’t charge
extra for calling after hours or on weekends either!
If you’re unsure whether or not your AC unit needs repairs, here are some things to look out for:
- Your AC unit is making weird noises. AC units should not be making any loud, strange sounds. Sounds to look out for are slamming, scraping, grinding, whistling, or scraping. However, if you hear a slight sound such as a light buzzing or humming, it might not be an issue. A low humming sound is normal for your AC unit to make.
- Your AC unit is not working the way it used to. Have you been running your AC on full blast during this hot summer, but it’s just not cooling down your house? This is a clear indicator that your AC unit needs repairs. Another thing to look out for is a change in the overall air quality. Have you or anyone else in your space had symptoms such as allergies or asthma recently? Your AC’s vents and filters could have contaminants such as pollen and dust clogged up.
- Has your energy bill increased dramatically? Higher energy bills are normal around this time, so a few more dollars shouldn’t be a worry. Many people are running their AC units to cool down their houses. But if your energy bill has shot up substantially, it could mean your AC unit is running much harder than it should be. Consider checking up on it.
The experts here at Go Admiral can help identify what the issue is. Give us a call now, and we’d be happy to help.
Preventing breakdowns and repairs
We highly recommend taking good care of your AC unit regularly before it even breaks down. Did you know that almost 80% of all AC unit repairs are preventable with a good maintenance routine? A proper maintenance routine looks different for everybody. However, you should include some basic things in your routine regardless of what kind of unit you have.
- Properly secure all cables, bolts, and wires. Often, AC units are simply running poorly because something is loose or stuck. Do a thorough inspection every once and a while to make sure everything is where it should be.
- Make sure your system’s refrigerant is full! Refrigerant is the product located inside most AC units that cools down the air blowing throughout your home. Chances are, the refrigerant is close to empty if your house isn’t cooling down.
- Remove any trash or debris in or surrounding your unit. You’d be surprised how often things like tree branches and trash get stuck in your unit.
Learn more about how to take good care of your AC unit here.
Knowing your AC unit
Did you know that your AC unit is only one part of a large-scale system? This system is called the HVAC system.
HVAC stands for Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning. There are many parts to your HVAC system as a whole. To know more about your HVAC system, read here.
For now, we will concentrate on your AC unit alone. Many AC units exist, but only a few are commonly used in commercial and residential buildings.
Split Unit ACs: An AC with two parts is called a split unit AC. One part is usually located outside, and the other part is inside of a specific room. Between the two components is a copper tubing that filters air going in and out. Inside the units and tubing is also refrigerant that cools the air going inside the room. Split Unit ACs can either have ducts or be ductless.
Packaged system AC: A packaged system AC unit has all the AC parts in one single ‘box.’ You’ve most likely seen these boxes outside of homes and on rooftop buildings. Depending on the size of the building the AC is cooling down, these can either be one to three boxes. They might even have heating and furnace systems inside of them to act as a complete system.
Identifying your AC unit type is vital to keeping up with its maintenance. If you need help identifying your AC unit, give us a call, and we’ll be happy to help you out.
Houston TX Central Air Conditioning Repair
In the end, the best thing you can do for your AC unit is to work with a professional. Whether you need repairs, replacements, or have general questions, the professionals here at Go Admiral have everything you need. Each of our technicians is certified, and we make sure that they are all kept up-to-date with the newest technology and trends.
Our services extend beyond AC repair and replacement, too! We can also do heating installations and repairs, air quality checks, HVAC tune-ups, air duct installation, and much more. We service all over the Houston area and are one of the leading companies in the industry.
If you’re concerned about prices, no worries! Our services require no down payment for installations or repairs, and
you might even be eligible for a lifetime warranty on new installments. Service contracts are also available for $129.95/year. Contracts come with two precision tune-ups, expert advice, discounts on repairs, and more. Be sure to check out some of the other special offers we have as well!
About Houston, Texas
- More than 100 languages are spoken by Houstonians.
- People in Houston eat out more than any other city’s people.
- Houston’s largest mall is the Galleria.
- For more information about Houston, TX, visit the city’s website!