Have you been endlessly looking for The Woodlands TX home AC repair? Go Admiral has what you need then. AC repairs are our specialty. Especially around this time of the year when temperatures are rising, ACs are one of the most essential appliances. But because of the nature of this time of year, many AC units are breaking down or need repairs. This is because many people are running their AC units for long periods without any routine maintenance. As a homeowner, it is vital to keep up with your AC unit to keep you and your family happy.
If this is your case, then lucky for you! Go Admiral is a family-owned AC repair business that has been in the industry since 1990. We’ve built ourselves from the ground up, working with plenty of customers, whether they are residential or commercial.
Your AC unit
Did you know that your AC (air conditioning) unit is synonymous with your HVAC system? The HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning) is a system that runs through your home to control temperature and air quality. The HVAC system has many parts to it, so learning about it can get complex pretty quickly. Good news for you, though. The experts at Go Admiral are highly knowledgeable about HVAC systems.
But we don’t want to leave you hanging without any concrete information about your AC unit. As mentioned earlier, your AC unit is just one part of the HVAC system. There are plenty of AC unit types out there, but the three main ones are packaged AC systems, split unit ACs, and ductless systems.
Packaged AC systems are the whole deal. These are the AC systems you typically see on top of office buildings or outside of suburban homes. They have all the parts of an AC unit located inside them and have ducts that connect to every room in your house. Packaged AC systems might also house equipment for heating and gas.
Split unit AC systems have one part outside and one part inside. They are connected by copper tubing that filters air throughout the two parts. The refrigerant cools off the air blowing inside. Ductless systems are essentially split unit ACs but without any ducts.
Does your AC unit need repair?
You might be asking yourself this question. Chances are your AC unit needs repairs or has already broken down. There are a few ways to identify whether or not your AC unit requires repair, though:
- Your AC unit is making unusual noises. A slight humming sound coming from your unit is completely normal. In fact, it is a good indication that your AC unit is running as intended. However, strange noises may be coming from your unit that are concerning. Any noise that sounds like buzzing, banging, squeaking, or crashing may indicate that your AC unit needs repairs.
- The air quality your AC unit is producing has changed. Is your unit not cooling the way it used to? Have you noticed any change in the actual air quality- such as experiencing symptoms like allergies and trouble breathing? These changes might show that your AC unit needs repairs. Seek immediate repair services if you or your family are experiencing health problems related to your AC unit. We here at Go Admiral will fix that AC right up for you.
Is your energy bill much higher than it used to be? High energy bills show that your AC unit is running much longer and working much harder than it should be. Your AC might be running longer simply because of the intense heat in Houston, which is fine and sometimes unavoidable. It gets hot here. But your AC unit should still be able to cool your house down efficiently even in the scorching hot weather. If your bill has raised much more than anticipated, it’s worth giving it a checkup.
Preventing damage and breakdowns
If your AC unit is still running efficiently, that doesn’t necessarily mean you don’t need to subject it to routine maintenance. AC units still require good care even if they are running correctly. But the good thing is: maintenance is not difficult. It can be done in your free time, and the frequency depends on your location and usage. Here are some ways you can take good care of your AC unit.
- Change filters once they get substantially dirty. Good quality filters prevent your home from being flooded with dust, pollen, and other pollutants. We recommend purchasing the higher-quality ones since they do not need to be changed often.
- Clean in and around your AC unit. Debris loves to make its way into your AC unit, especially if it’s a packaged AC unit. Give your system a good clean and inspection.
- Plug in all loose cables and secure all bolts.
- Lubricate your motors. Occasionally AC units (especially older systems) will start to grind on their own parts. So that nothing is damaged or broken, apply good quality lubricant to your AC unit.
The Woodlands TX home AC repair
Possibly the best thing you could do for your AC unit is to hire an excellent AC repair company near you. If you’re
located in or near The Woodlands area, we highly recommend you give us here at Go Admiral a shot! We’ve been in the industry since 1990 and are a family-owned business. We work with hundreds of customers each year, and our ratings show that customers are pleased with our service.
That is because we only hire the most certified and professional experts in the industry. We know you don’t settle for less, so neither do we! All of our technicians are kept up to date with the latest AC-related technology and trends so that there are no surprises when it comes to inspection time. Our team is also skilled in other HVAC-related services. Click here to see our extensive list of services offered. Go Admiral also services areas all over Houston!
So go ahead and give us a call now or visit our appointments page if you need your AC unit serviced. You might be happy to know that we offer 24/7 emergency repair services as well. There is no extra charge for these services, even on Sundays! We’ll make sure to satisfy all of your needs when looking for The Woodlands TX home AC repair!
About The Woodlands
- The Woodlands Waterway was opened in 2004.
- Nine villages make up the majority of The Woodlands.
- The Woodlands is only about 24 square miles.
- Learn more about The Woodlands here.